Monday, January 14, 2013

Naked Egg Experiment

I came across this idea for making a naked egg on Pinterest. It looked easy enough so I thought it would be interesting to explore with Riley.

All you need is an egg, a cup of vinegar and some patience.


You can see the chemical reaction that takes place, starting almost instantly.


Leave the egg in the vinegar for a couple of days and you'll be left with an egg with no shell. I had to gently wash all the egg shell residue off before we could really see what it looked like.


The egg feels all rubbery, a bit like a water bomb and it's a lot bigger than when we first put it in the vinegar. Riley was quite hesitant about holding it as he didn't want it to break, but loved gently touching it and seeing what it felt like.

Joining in here.

Create Hope Inspire

2 comments:

Tessa said...

I saw that too! I read about making coloured eggs by putting a bit of food colouring in water and after a while the egg inside changes colour. Now I know it works I will give it a go' looks awesome

Miriam said...

wow that is awesome and freaky all at the same time. I love that you are finding ideas and actually using them!! Thanks for joining in