Thursday, February 14, 2013

Boy's Crochet Beanie

I've finally completed all of my summer sewing that's been piling up in my sewing room and I'm moving onto some winter projects starting with a simple crochet beanie for Riley.


I find beanie's to be one of the quickest and easiest things to make. This beanie is worked in double crochet and finished with 5 rows of single crochet. The pirate button I'd had in my stash for a while just waiting for the perfect project. 


For some reason the shape of this beanie is different to previous hats that I've made and I can't figure out why. At first I was a bit concerned about it but if anything it's turned out to be a better fit.

Joining in with My Creative Space and Show & Tell.

5 comments:

Renette Lambrechts said...

Very very cool! Love the pirate patch!

LionessLady said...

Cute! I've never tried beanies because I'm never sure how to work out how big to make them or small to make them. Is there an easy way???

Leonie said...

Awesome beanie! they are so quick and easy and fun to make!

Max said...

i bet he loves that hat, it really suits him x

Leonie said...

So cool! And that pirate button is the perfect finishing touch!