Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sweet Pouch Swap

Recently I took part in the Sweet Pouch swap hosted by Roz from Sew Delicious.

I had heaps of fun putting together a pouch and some goodies for my swap partner (sorry the photos aren't great, I guess taking photos of a white pouch against a white background wasn't such a good idea) ....


I decided on a simple log cabin block for the front of my pouch. I love the colours and the little birds and I hope my partner will too.


I added some subtle quilting detail to the front and a sweet beaded zipper pull.


My sewing machine decided to spaz out on me during the construction of the pouch so some of the stitching is less than perfect but after a lot of unpicking I figured it was the best I was going to get and I'm still happy with how it turned out.


Here are all the goodies that I sent with the pouch. I chose some New Zealand items and a little something for her kids.


Joining in with My Creative Space and Show & Tell.

5 comments:

Jill said...

What a cute pouch Fay! Love that birdy fabric. And a lucky swap partner to be getting all those tasty goodies inside too!

Little Gumnut said...

it's gorgeous - loving the peppy colours you chose!

Leonie said...

I love love love this! Very cute Fay :)

Actually Amy said...

It is gorgeous, Fay!

Love the colours.

I am really nervous about my pouch. I hope my partner likes it!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Lucky swap partner, Fay. Your zippered pouch is lovely!!! The beaded zipper pull is a fabulous idea. What are the beads threaded on to?