Thursday, February 7, 2013

Work In Progress: Crochet Blanket

This week I find myself without a sewing machine as it's gone in for a much needed service. I'm feeling a bit lost without it, especially now Riley is back at school, but it does mean that I can focus on doing some crochet for the next little while. The hardest part was deciding on what I was going to make but once I'd made my decision and found the right pattern it was all on.


I'm not good with projects that take a long time so I don't expect to have it finished anytime soon. For now I'm happy crocheting a couple of circles a day. When I have a few more I'll add the white borders, crochet them together and weave in the ends as I go, which should hopefully speed things up a little. I'll also try and post regular updates to help keep me motivated.

Joining in with My Creative Space and Show & Tell.

10 comments:

Leonie said...

Ohh i love the colours! Im also working on a granny square blanket in between everything... Slow and steady progress for when I'm in between other projects :)

ButterandBuntings said...

I love the colours youve chosen. And the circles in squares will look really good. Ive just learnt how to do granny squares so going hard on them! Found your post on show and tell.

Miss Muggins said...

Very striking colour choice. A long term project is good, because you can work on it when the mood strikes!

Miriam said...

this looks great I love the colour combo you've chosen

Cat said...

Gorgeous colours
I'm loving my crochet as a pick up put down project

Karmann Watson said...

Love the Colours, i know what you mean about projects that take too long i was working on a crochet blanket and it has taken some time maybe a couple of years as i get bored doing the one thing.

Debbie Buckland said...

that blanket will be great.

I posted up my daughters dress today on my blog for show n tell. ;)

LionessLady said...

These look amazing! The colours are incredible together and the pattern is great!

moose and bird said...

Your crochet is absolutely beautiful (and so so neat!) I have crochet envy of the loveliest kind. Happy weekend to you.
Melinda x
P.S. thank-you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment :)

Sewandthecity said...

Beautiful colour combination!

I always wanted to have a crocheted blanked of this type form my kids, and the other day in Zara Home there was a gorgeous hand made one in white and blue on the sale for 25 euro but I couldn't bring myself to buy it knowing how much work goes into it and wondering which poor soul in China or India has made it probably for a dollar...

I need to learn to crochet!!!