Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hooded Vest

It would seem that Kid's Clothes Week was just what I needed to get my motivation back ....


I finished this project just in time, the mornings have suddenly turned really cold!

I made a size 5-6 using this pattern here. It was really easy to follow with lots of photos to help along the way. There is a little bit of hand sewing involved, which isn't one of my strong points, but if I can do it anyone can.

It's the first time that I've sewn something like this and considering that, I'm pretty happy with the end result. I used fleece and flannelette from my stash and they make the vest extra warm and cozy.

I had a few issues with the zip and it's a bit wonky but that's just part of the handmade look, right?


Joining in with My Creative Space and Show & Tell.

6 comments:

Miriam said...

cute! you've done a great job

BigLittle said...

Very cool. xx

Leonie said...

Doesn't look handmade to me! great job Fay!

Jill said...

Great jacket Fay!! Love the tartan!

Hootnz said...

Perfect for the cooler weather, love the plaid...you're little boy looks very cute in it :)

Pam @Threading My Way said...

You've done a great job, Fay. Love the combination of fabrics!!!