Friday, May 24, 2013

Quilted Mat Sew Along: Part Three

The last step in the sew along was adding the binding ....


I haven't had much success when it comes to using store bought binding, (think wrinkly and wonky), so for this project I decided to make my own. I used the same grey fabric for my binding that I used for the backing.


Now it's still not perfect and I need more practice to get the corners looking nice but it's my best attempt yet and I love how my mat turned out.


It looks great on my sewing table and it just might motivate me to clean up the rest of my space.

4 comments:

Leonie said...

Love it Fay :) hear you re bought binding... And your corners look good :)

Little Gumnut said...

oooh so pretty! Not made for under a sewing machine! Needs to be hung on the wall where you can enjoy all those gorgeous fabrics!!!

Roslyn@Sew Delicious said...

I adore that backing and binding - it's perfect with your front fabrics. I'll definitely be making my own binding next time. Yours is sewn on so neat - do you have a particular technique you use or did you follow mine? Thanks again for being part of it!!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Your binding is so neatly done. Fay!!!