Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Quilted Mat Sew Along: Part One

This week I'm taking part in the Sew Delicious Quilted Mat Sew Along.

I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for me to practice some basic quilting techniques before doing any further work on my lap quilt that I currently have on the go.


I find deciding on fabrics and composition is always the hardest part but once I had that sorted it didn't take long to sew the top of the mat together.


I have a terrible time getting my corners to match up and it makes me a little crazy so I usually steer clear of patchwork projects.

I used my walking foot when sewing my strips together and some of my corners actually line up! As for the others they're all pretty close so I'm happy with that. Also I think that the busyness of the prints draws the eye away from any imperfections.


The next step in the sew along is basting and quilting. Hopefully I'll get onto that tomorrow.

3 comments:

Roslyn@Sew Delicious said...

Gorgeous! What are those prints - I really love them! Are they from a charm pack? I agree a busy print takes the eye away from imperfections - I've made a quilt top with some very loud and busy owl prints and they have distracted from a few wonky points!! Thanks for joining in!

Suz said...

Looks like fun:)

Leonie said...

Ooooh - looks fun!