Thursday, July 4, 2013

Boy's Trousers with Cuff

I made these trousers during the last Kids Clothes Week. They were a little bit on the short side but I couldn't be bothered letting down the hem (I hate unpicking). Instead I decided to add some extra length by adding a cuff.


It was really quick and easy to do plus its a great way to get some extra wear out of Riley's trousers. I used fabric from my stash and I think they turned out well, though next time I'd like to try a slightly wider cuff.


Riley loves them and wants to wear them to the school disco tomorrow night.

9 comments:

Schulz Family said...

visiting from show and tell. That is a fantastic idea. They look awesome. Hope he has a great disco

Leonie said...

They look great! Grr unpicking! Hope he has fun at the disco :)

Nin said...

The cuffs are so cool - I dig boys clothes with a bit of attitude to them!

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Oh, I hate unpicking!!! Great job on the cuffs, Fay.

Bron said...

Wow he is getting so big...great solution to not unpick...I lose momentum if I have to unpick. xxx

Ange - Tall, Short and Tiny said...

Love the fabric! They look so cool on - clever x

Juliet @ Tartankiwi said...

These look great. What a great way to extend the life a growing boy's trousers... I may have to borrow this idea :-)

Pearlin J said...

How cool does your little model look in those trousers!

Liz said...

Too cool! What a neat idea :-)