Saturday, September 21, 2013

Book Review: Toucan Can! by Juliette MacIver

Toucan can do lots of things!
Toucan dances!
Toucan sings!
Toucan bangs a frying pan!
Can you do what toucan can?

A tongue-twisting, ludicrous rhyme full of escalating hilarity and off-the-wall characters. It will have you tripping and flipping and dancing and singing.


I must admit that I am guilty of judging children's books by their covers, it's the illustrations that first draw me in and make me pick up a book and have a proper look at it. I think it's really important that the story and illustrations mesh well to form a complete picture. Toucan Can! is an excellent example of this.


The book starts off slow but rapidly picks up speed until it's just one big party. The illustrations by Sarah Davis, are colourful and quirky - a perfect match to the chaos that ensues.


The rhyming works well and the story is fun and engaging - we couldn't help but laugh at some of the characters antics.

Overall a very entertaining read and a wonderful addition to our book collection.
So what are you waiting for?? Pre-order your copy here.

Note: I was not paid to write this review. 
I just love books/reading and want to share my passion with you. 

2 comments:

Leonie said...

this one has been poppping up around the place and looks great!

Kimberley Atkinson said...

I met the author in July at a library conference and this is brilliant as a read a loud!