Thursday, November 7, 2013

Angry Birds Party

Last weekend we had R's Angry Birds birthday party. The aim was to keep it simple, cheap and fun.


I didn't organize any party games and the boy's were happy enough running around, playing with R's toys and making up their own games. The time frame was 2 hours which gave them enough time to play and eat without anybody getting bored or going crazy (namely Phil and I - lets just say that I have a whole new level of respect for R's teacher).

As far as food went we had cocktail sausages, sausage rolls, chips, mini donuts, jelly and marshmallow pops - pretty much your standard party food.

For drinks, I opted for juice boxes and thought that it would be fun to use themed cups for the goody bags. I really like how they turned out. Everything fit nicely and I didn't feel like we were handing out half empty goody bags at the end of the party. The Angry Birds pens were a big hit.


For the cake, I contacted a lovely lady through facebook and she was happy to make the cake toppers for me. She did an exceptional job with them - you can check out her website here.



Everyone had a great time and R loved it which makes all the pre-party stress worth it. Even so, I don't think we'll be doing it again for at least a couple of years.

6 comments:

Jill Shepherd said...

Sounds like a great party Fay! Brilliant cake too. But yes, that many kids running around your house for a couple of hours - makes you glad birthdays are only once a year!

Bron said...

What a fab job you did....sounds like it was a hit. xxx

Miriam said...

oh my boys would have LOVED that party so much! Where did the pens come from?

Schulz Family said...

What an awesome birthday. I love the boxes and balloons for the angry birds wall.

Katie said...

Looks like fun! Love the cup idea for party favours and the decor looks great!

Leonie said...

Looks great! the boxes and balloons are very clever and that cake awesome!! Glad it was such a hit - and I'm sure they'll remember it for a long time!