Monday, January 6, 2014

Zebra Cake + White Chocolate Icing Recipe

It was my brother's birthday at the weekend and my mum asked us to make him a cake. I wanted to make something a little bit special so I decided to try a zebra cake.


I wanted a nice tall cake so we made two and stacked them up. They were pretty easy to make and only slightly more time consuming than making a regular cake.


It was awesome cutting it open and seeing the cool stripey effect. We iced it with my favorite white chocolate icing.

INGREDIENTS
125g butter, softened
A dash of vanilla essence
150g white chocolate melts, melted and slightly cooled
Icing sugar

METHOD
Cream together the butter and vanilla.

Beat in the melted white chocolate.

Slowly sift in icing sugar until icing reaches a spreadable consistency.


You can find the recipe that I used for the cake here.
Find more recipes here.

1 comment:

Bron said...

Oh yum...and what a fun surprise to cut into ...will be giving this a try soon. xx