Thursday, February 27, 2014

Crochet: Plain Ribbed Beanie

Even though Summer appears to have only just arrived, I've been working on some of my winter projects starting with a hat for me.


I didn't want anything fancy, just a basic beanie to keep my head warm on our frosty morning walks to school. As you can see, it actually fits R but this is one hat that he's not having - I'll be whipping up another one for him.


I love the look of the ribbing and I'm glad that I decided to add it. It also makes the band extra cushy so it should keep my ears nice and warm.

Joining in here:  
Sew Cute Tuesday link party button Show & Tell Thursday's

6 comments:

Leonie said...

I love it and that colour is gorgeous! Love ribbing too - very cushy :)

Miriam said...

I love the colour and how chunky it looks

Melissa @ www.thebestnest.co.nz said...

That's a great beanie, I made my first crochet beanies last winter and they got saggy-baggy, I need that wicked ribbing to help them keep their shape!

Leonie Kiwiatheart said...

Love it and love the colour!

Bron said...

It's gorgeous....you could have matching ones! Winter stills seems a long way off here in Perth sadly. xx

Katie said...

Lovely beanie! Did you use a pattern?