Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sweet Pouch Swap #3

Recently I had the opportunity to join in the 3rd round of the Sweet Pouch Swap hosted by Ros.


As it turns out my swap partner and I share similar tastes which took a lot of the pressure off.


I wanted to let the bird fabric shine so I paired it with a neutral linen. It was my first time sewing with linen and I love the look of it in this pouch. The linen is fairly sturdy so I didn't need to use any interfacing and I lined it with aqua homespun for an extra pop of colour.


I paired it with my usual treats - you can't get much more Kiwi than that.

Joining in with:
Sew Cute Tuesday link party button Show & Tell Thursday's

8 comments:

Leonie said...

Very cute! Love linen - there is something very cozy and sophisticated about it :)

Miriam said...

very stylish and usable for different purposes too - well done

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Love the colours you've chosen... works so well with the linen.

BigLittle said...

Lovely pouch and that L&P chocolate is really good too!

Little Gumnut said...

very pretty and what yummy contents! I'm sure they were delighted!

Hootnz said...

Thats a cute pouch that I would be thrilled to recieve! I've only started using linen recently too and I love how it lets other fabrics shine...its a great neutral :)

Bron said...

What a fun swap...and I love the treats inside. Xxx

Jill Shepherd said...

Gorgeous little pouch Fay! Love the fabric - and great treats to put inside!! Yumm!!!