Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Recipe: Peanut Butter and Honey Granola

This year I've been trying to be a bit more health conscious. One thing I really struggle with is eating breakfast. I'm not a morning person and by the time I've gotten R dressed and out the door to school, the last thing I feel like doing when I get back is eating. So I've been making a real effort to eat breakfast every single day and I'm not just talking a couple of slices of toast here (though I do have the occasional day where that's all I can manage but at least I'm still eating something).

I'm all about quick and healthy options so today I'm sharing my latest granola recipe which you can make ahead of time and is perfect for a quick and tasty breakfast.


Feel free to play around with the ingredients and use whatever nuts and seeds that you prefer. You can also add dried fruit once the granola has been cooked.

INGREDIENTS
3 cups whole grain oats
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup cashew nuts, roughly chopped
1/2 cup sliced almonds

1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup honey

METHOD
Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.

In a small saucepan, gently melt together the honey and peanut butter.

Pour the honey and peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined.

Spread the mixture out on a baking tray and bake at 120 degrees, stirring every 10 minutes until the granola is golden brown (approx 20-30 mins).

Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.

Find more recipes here.

No comments: