Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Creative Space: Seat Belt Covers

This week I made a pair of seat belt covers for Riley's car seat and one for me too.

It was my first time using bias binding and lets just say that it wasn't a pleasant experience and I'll be steering clear of the stuff in the future! Add to that my temperamental sewing machine and it was a recipe for disaster. I got to the point where I stopped caring what they looked like but I wasn't going to let them beat me and I had to finish them. 

After all that they'll do the job they're supposed to, I just won't be letting anyone look too closely at them. Riley likes his which is all that really matters and the cute cars fabric is so appropriate for him.

Joining in with Our Creative Spaces.


tartankiwi said...

They look great and far better than my shoddy bias binding efforts I promise! Glad that Riley likes his, that's the most important thing isn't it!

Jill said...

Love that car fabric! - the seatbelt covers look fantastic! Who is going to know about the bias binding except you! Nasty tricky stuff!!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success

Yana said...

you did a great job! the binding gets easier with practice, so don't abandon it altogether. :)